Here's an excellent introduction to the highly acclaimed Ayurvedic herb ashwagandha by Dr John Anne over on Ayurvedic Cure - Ananga (Living by Design author)
Ayurveda has a glorious world decorated by herbs and natural remedies. It has a divine origin and was created to treat people with all there despair they were suffering from. Ashwagandha is one of these herbs that is gifted to man by God.
Ashwagandha as the name suggest means smell of a horse (ashwa means horse and gandha means smell). Ashwagandha is an herb that is famous by many names world wide few of them are Indian ginseng, Indian winter cherry and Samm Al Ferakh. Ashwagandha bears a great effect on our body.
This herb finds its reference in the very beginning of one of the greatest medicinal science, ayurveda. Ashwagandha is considered to be one of the best herb that helps in achieving a disease less condition and more importantly, the mental peace to attain the mental satisfaction important in today’s fast moving and distracting life. It maintains the health and also helps in treating us from the diseases we may suffer from.
Pharmacologically Ashwagandha has the power to suppress vata dosha that is the ultimate cause of carrying the vitiated doshas to other parts of the body. As per modern sciences Ashwagandha has variety of pharmacological activities that facilitates it with the wonderful results it is presenting to us.
· Adaptogenic properties - It is one of the best Adaptogenic agents that we are blessed with. It helps in increasing our body’s resistance and also helps us in fighting against any outer invasion that can harm our body’s homeostasis. The powerful actions of the constituents of withinia help our body to maintain the required equilibrium to attain a disease free condition of the body. These actions are produced by it due to presence of high amounts of oxygen rich steroids derivative C-28. It also contains at least 40 different types of withanolids that are having strong efficacy in promoting metabolism and inhibiting the free radical formation. This gives it an antioxidant property. It for this reason Ashwagandha has gained its popularity as one of the finest anti-oxidant.
· Anti inflammatory and analgesic action - Ashwagandha has also been found very effective in relieving from pain and inflammatory condition that might be caused due to some mishap or injury. The supremacy of Ashwagandha lies with the fact that it has the potential to normalize any kind of disturbances happening in the body. Due to its vata suppressing properties it is very much helpful in eliminating diseases that are caused by vata vitiation.
· Cancer – this name creates trebles in our body, but not to fear now. Researches held at various research centers throughout world has shown that Ashwagandha posses the properties that are very much beneficial in curbing the growth of cancer cells. It strongly acts on the cancer cells there by inhibiting the action at the initial stage thereby helping our body to face the risk of cancer. In technical terminology it wipes out the spindle formation at the metaphase.
· Nervine weakness - One of the best qualities that Ashwagandha is blessed with is the power to strengthen our nervous system. The protective action of pentylenetetrazol helps in inhibiting the convulsions and wobbly movements of the body caused due to disturbances in are central nervous system (CNS). Researches have also proved that withinia has a strong effect on our nervous system. It provides proper nourishment and balance to it and also tones it up to facilitate better working.
· Cardiovascular system - Recently astonishing effects of Ashwagandha has been seen on cardiovascular system. Research conducted at All Indian Institute of medical science (AIIMS), New Delhi, India has shown that Ashwagandha has sufficient amount of various agents that are extremely helpful in preventing ailments like myocardial necrosis and high degrees of blood pressure. Ashwagandha is slowly gaining its popularity as cardio-protective anti oxidant. It also has anti anxiety properties.
· Aphrodisiac actions - as mentioned earlier also that Ashwagandha is called as Indian ginseng. It also finds its reference in the greatest love book ever written kamasutra. It is known to enhance the libido and increases the sense of indulgence to complete the act of love. As per the researches, the presence of nitric oxide facilitates it with the power to dilate blood vessels essential to carry out the sexual activity to the fullest.
· Mental health – Ashwagandha has strong tendencies to fade away the negative energies that creep into our mind and helps to attain the new enthusiasm to fulfill our work. It promotes new zeal into our life and is also responsible for enhancing the memory skills due to presence of acetylcholine receptor capacity.
It is just miracle that a small bushy herb that grows wild here and there has the power to completely change our life in every means. It fills us with the new energies and makes us strong from inside.
Read more about the benefits of Ashwagandha herb and Ashwagandha Supplements at http://www.ayurvediccure.com
Keep in Touch: If you enjoyed this article, you're sure to enjoy my free newsletter - subscribe now and in your welcome email you'll receive a special link to where you can claim your FREE copy of my LifeCraft eBook - my gift to all newsletter subscribers.
Subscribe and get your free copy now...